Fall is great time to head to a pumpkin patch and pick out a pumpkin that fits your style. Many of us may choose to carve pumpkins with fun decorations. An easy activity that can extend your fun is baking the pumpkin seeds for healthy snack!
- Save the pumpkin seeds that you pull out of the your carved pumpkin
- Wash them well and make sure you get all that slime off
- Pre-heat your oven to 300 degrees
- Spread the cleaned pumpkin seeds out on a sheet pan and let them dry out for about 20-30 minutes
- You can choose to season them by tossing with a little melted butter a salt, or you can do brown sugar and cinnamon, or just leave them plain.
- Put your seeds in for about 45 mins or until golden brown, stirring them occasionally
- Pull them out when they are ready, let them cool, and enjoy!
This is also a great opportunity to let your child help with the preparation and cooking process, and also talk about safety in the kitchen.